Applications are invited on the prescribed forms (specimen enclosed) from the eligible candidates desirous of taking the Departmental Examination of Accounts Clerk Course in accordance with the provisions laid down in Govt. Order No.249 of 1960 dated 24.10.1969 and J&K Public Service Commission (Conduct of Examination) rules, 1973. Applications must be accompanied by the following documents: -
1. Four copies of latest passport size self attested photographs by the candidate himself, (one copy pasted on the form, one on the attendance sheet and two on admit cards). 2. Examination fee @ Rs.200/- per paper in the shape of Bank Draft drawn from any branch of J&K Bank in the name of Controller of Examinations and payable at J&K Bank branch, Chowk Chabutra, Jammu or Amira Kadal, Srinagar. i. Bank Draft should not be drawn before the date of issuance of this notification. ii. No Treasury Receipt shall be entertained.
3. Two registered self-addressed envelops.
4. Candidates should submit their application forms alongwith “Eligibility Certificate” recorded thereon, by the Competent Authority.
5. The applications shall be received at the counters set up for the purpose in Commissions Office located at Pragati Bhavan, Rail Head Complex, Jammu/Polo View, Srinagar on all working days (Monday to Friday) from 10 AM to 3 PM up to 31.03.2005 which shall also be the last date. Applications received through Speed post/courier services of any type shall be treated as having been received "By Hand" at the Commission’s counter. Application received after the above dates will not be entertained under any circumstances and all such applications will be summarily rejected. Note: The candidates should, therefore, ensure that their applications reach the Commission’s offices by hand /post on or before the prescribed last date. The last date for the receipt of applications provided in the notification shall be the cut off date for determining the eligibility with regard to qualification. In case the last date is declared a public holiday then the last date for, receipt of application form shall be the next working day.
6. Additionally the candidates are advised to submit an advance online application form, which is available on Commission website www.jkpsc.org.
7. Incomplete/deficient applications shall not be entertained.
8. If it comes to the notice of Commission at any time before or after the Examination, that the candidate does not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions and the candidate has claimed eligibility for the examination by misrepresentation, fraud or concealment of material fact or Impersonation; his/her candidature for the examination shall be cancelled and he/she shall also be liable for prosecution/disciplinary action by the Commission.
9. Any attempt on part or on behalf of the candidate to canvas support by any means will disqualify the candidate for admission to the said examination.
10. Candidate can withdraw his candidature within fifteen days after the last date fixed for receipt of application. No applications form for withdrawal of candidature after that date shall be entertained.
11. Centres of Examination: The Examination will be held at different centres located in Jammu and Srinagar cities. However, the allotment of centres shall be at the sole discretion of the Commission and once a centre is allotted to a candidate, request for change of centre will neither be entertained under any circumstances nor the Commission shall be bound to reply any such communication.
12. Correspondence with the Commission: The Commission will not enter into any correspondence with the candidates about their candidature except in the following cases:
a. If a candidate does not receive the admission certificate or any other communication regarding his/her candidature for the examination 15 days before the conduct of examination, he/she should at once contact the Commission’s office at Pragati Bhavan, Rail Head Complex, Jammu/Polo Ground, Srinagar for obtaining a duplicate copy of Admission Certificate. No request for issuance of duplicate Admission Certificate shall be entertained if received after seven days prior to date of examination.
b. Change in address, if any, should be communicated to the Commission at the earliest. Although the Commission would make every effort to take account of such changes, it cannot accept any responsibility in this regard.
Important: All correspondence with the Commission should invariably contain the following particulars:
1. Name and year of the examination;
2. Full name of the candidate (in Block letters) with parentage; and
3. Complete postal address as given in the application.
13. The candidates should also note that their admission at all the stages of examination will be provisional and subject to fulfilling the prescribed eligibility conditions.