A copy each of the Notification. Rules governing the service, application form and J&K Public Service Commission (conduct of Examination) Rules, 1973 is obtainable from the office of the Secretary, J&K Public Service Commission, on a written request accompanied by a Demand draft /crossed postal order/treasury receipt for Rs.100.00. Before filling the application form the candidates are advised to study these instructions and rules carefully to see if they are eligible. The conditions prescribed cannot be relaxed.
Exercising2. The application form should be filled up in candidate’s own handwriting. Entries/Answers against each item should be in words and not by putting dashes or dots. The complete application form should reach the Secretary, J&K Public Service Commission on or before the last date as mentioned in the Notification. Applications received after the last date or incomplete in any respect will not be entertained provided that such applications as are delivered by post within seven (7) days after the last date. Candidates are advised in their own interest to obtain a printed receipt from the office if they submit their applications personally. Applications sent through post should necessarily be sent under Registered Acknowledgement due superscribed on the envelop "J&K Civil Service (Judicial) Competitive Examination 2001".
3. A candidate already in Government Service whether in a permanent or a temporary capacity should submit his application complete in all respects routed through his employer, however, he may submit one copy of the application directly before the Commission. It will be the duty of the candidate to get his application routed through proper channel before the date prescribed for receipt of such applications.
4. Candidates are warned that they should not furnish any particulars that are false or suppress any material information in filling in the application form.
5. The applications should be accompanied by the following documents:- (i) Treasury receipt/postal order for Rs.500.00 as examination fee (Rs.250.00 only in the case of Scheduled Caste/S.T. Candidates). In the case of Treasury receipt the amount of Examination Fee is to be credited in any State Treasury under the head 0051-Public Service Commission Examination Fee. The Postal Order should be made payable to the Secretary, Public Service Commission. The postal orders should bear the signature of the issuing postmaster and a clear stamp with date of issuing post office. Postal Order not bearing the clear stamp with date of issuing Post Office, will not be accepted and the candidates application rejected. (ii) Three identical copies of the recent passport size photographs duly signed by the candidate, one copy of the photograph should be pasted on the first page at the appropriate place of the application form and the second copy pasted on the enclosed identification certificate and third will be used by the Commission for pasting on the attendance sheet of the candidate. The identification certificate should be got attested by a Ist Class Magistrate under his official seal. (iii) Copies of the following certificates attested by a Ist Class Magistrate over his official seal and stamp:- a) Matriculation or equivalent (for purpose of age). b) All academic certificates. c) Character (as required under sub-rule 2(ii) of the Rule 14 of the J&K CS(Judicial) Recruitment Rules, 1967. d) Permanent certificates. e) Actual Bar Practice certificate issued by the District Judge in Form II strictly in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Hon'ble High Court issued under Order No.352 dated 26.08.1995. Note-A: Candidate claiming to be a Member of Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Socially and Educationally Backward Classes viz. Backward Areas. Line of Actual Control as defined in the Reservation Rules, 1994 should submit in support of his/her claim a copy of the certificate issued by the Tehsildar concerned in the form prescribed in the rules. Note-B: Candidates are required to submit alongwith their applications only copies of their certificates duly attested by a Ist Class Magistrate. Candidates who qualify for viva-voce on the basis of results of the written examination will be required to produce their original certificates at the time of interview. Candidates who fail to produce the original certificates at the time of interview will not be interviewed and will have no claim for further consideration. Note-C: Certificate of age. The date of birth ordinarily accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation Certificate, or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, extract of which must be certified by the proper authority of the University. A candidate who has passed the Higher Secondary Examination or an equivalent examination may submit an attested/certified copy of the Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate. The expression Matriculation/Higher secondary Examination certificate in this part of the instructions includes the alternative certificates mentioned above. Candidates are warned that unless complete proof of age, as laid down in these instructions is sent with the application, the application will be rejected. Further, they are warned that if the date of birth stated in the application is inconsistent with that shown in the Matriculation Certificate and no satisfactory explanation is offered, the application will be rejected. (ii) CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT ONCE A DATE OF BIRTH HAS BEEN CLAIMED BY THEM AND ACCEPTED BY THE COMMISSION FOR THE PURPOSE OF ADMISSION TO AN EXAMINATION NO CHANGE WILL ORDINARILY BE ALLOWED AT SUBSEQUENT EXAMINATION.
6. Any change in the address already given by a candidate in his application should be brought to the notice of the Commission not later than one month before the commencement of the examination.
7. The examination will be conducted at Srinagar and Jammu. The candidates are advised to indicate the choice between Srinagar and Jammu.
8. Candidates can withdraw their candidature from the examination on or before the last date as indicated in the Notification inviting applications for the Examination. Any request received for withdrawal of candidate after this date will not be entertained.
9. Candidates are warned that if an application id not accompanied with any one of the documents mentioned under paragraph 5(five) above without a reasonable explanation for its absence having been given, the application will be rejected and no appeal against its rejection will be entertained. The documents not submitted with the application should be sent soon after the submission of the application and in any case they must reach the Commission’s office within one month after the last date for receipt of applications. Otherwise, the application will be rejected.
10. The fact that an application for has been supplied on a certain date will not be accepted as an excuse for the late submission of an application. The supply of application form does not ipso facto make the receiver eligible for admission to the examination.
11 (i) If a candidate does not receive an acknowledgement of his application within a month from the last date of receipt of application for the examination, he should at once contact the Secretary for the acknowledgement.
(ii) The application form and the acknowledgement card must be completed in the candidate’s own handwriting. An application which is incomplete or is wrongly filled in will be rejected.
12. Every candidate for this examination will be informed at the earliest possible date regarding admissibility of his application. It is not, however, possible to say when this will be communicated. But if candidate does not receive from the J&K Public Service Commission a communication regarding the admissibility of his application fifteen days before the commencement of the examination, he should at once contact the Secretary. Failure to comply with this provision will deprive the candidate of any claim for consideration of his case.
SECRETARY J&K PSC.