Srinagar, the 12th of May 2000
1. Short title and commencement: i) These rules mat be called the Jammu and Kashmir Combined Competitive Services (Probation and Examination) Rules, 2000.
ii) These rules shall be deemed to have come into force with effect from 12.07.1999.
2. Exemption: The probationers required to pass the examination under these rules shall be exempted from passing any other departmental examination, whenever prescribed in feeding services.
3. Definitions: -
a. "Annexure" means the annexure appended to these rules;
b. "Commission" means the Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission;
c. "Feeding Service" means the service as defined by clause (b) of sub-rule (1) of rule 5 of the Jammu and Kashmir Administrative Service Rules, 1979;
d. "Examination" means the examination held under these rules;
e. "Government" means the Government of Jammu and Kashmir;
f. "State" means the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
4. Probation: i) Persons appointed to service by direct recruitment shall be placed on probation for a period of two years.
ii) If it appears at any time during or at the end of the period of probation that an officer has not made sufficient for a period of two years.
5. Examination: i) Every probationer shall, at or about the end of period of training in the instructions specified for the purpose, appear in the examination.
ii) The examination shall be conducted by the Commission twice in a year, as far as practicable, at such place and time as may be appointed by the Commission.
6. Syllabus: i) The syllabus for the examination shall be as specified in Annexure to these rules. The papers for the examination and the maximum marks allotted to each paper shall be as follows: -
ii) Every probationer shall be required to pass all the compulsory papers and one paper to be chosen from the two optional papers (VI & VII).