DR. T.S. ASHOK KUMAR, IFS
SECRETARY & CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS
Details of Trainings and Postings
1. ACF Batote Forest Division 1996-1997
2. DCF World Bank Aided Tree Improvement Projects State Forest Research Institute 1997-1998
3. DFO- Working Plan Division, Kathua 2002
4. Deputy Director, Forest Protection Force, Rajouri 2002
5. DFO Rajouri Forest Division 2003
6. Principal Soil Conservation Training School, Miran Sahib, Jammu - 2003-2004
7. General Manager (Sales & Marketing), State Forest Corporation, Jammu 2004
8. General Manager (Administration), J&K SFC 2005-2006
9. General Manager (Extraction Circle) West, SFC, Jammu 2006-2007
10. In Charge Project Preparation unit of World Bank funded Participatory Watershed Development Project 2007 to 2009
11. Special Secretary (Technical), Forest Department - 2009 to 2012
12. Additional Charge of Joint Director, Soil Conservation, Kashmir - May 2011 to October, 2011
13. Additional Charge of Conservator of Forests, Research Circle SFRI, January 2012 to April, 2012.
14. Additional Charge of Joint Director, Soil Conservation, Jammu since April, 2012.
1. B.Sc. (Agriculture)- University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwar (Karnataka)
2. M.Sc. (Agriculture) in Genetics & Plant Breeding - University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwar
3. Ph.D in Genetics, Indian Agricultural Research Institute New Delhi.
4. P.G. Diploma equivalent to M.Sc. (Forestry) Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy, Dehradun.
Important Trainings Attended
1. Mid Career Training Programme for IFS Officers at Yale University , New Haven, USA, IIT, Lucknow and IGNFA, Dehradun 2 months
2. Conflict Resolution and Leadership qualities IIT Bangalore one Week
3. Joint Forest Management , Forest Training Institute, Janipur One Week
4. Integrated Approach for Sustainable Development of Desert Ecosystem; Arid Forest Research Institute, Jodhpur One Week
5. Management of Wild Animals in Captivity, Forest Training Institute Kanpur One Week
6. Application of principles and techniques of Remote Sensing and GIS in Forest Management Forest Survey of India Dehradun One Week
7. International Conference on Genetics- IARI, New Delhi 3 days
8. Civil Services Foundation Course at Shastri Academy, Mussourie 3.5 months
9. IFS (Probationers) training course at IGNFA, Dehradun 2 years
10. Capsule course on Swimming, weapons handling and Horse Riding at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun as a part of IFS Training.
1. District level Scholarship of Govt. of Karnataka based on 7th standard marks.
2. 83rd Rank in 10th standard exam of Karnataka State.
3. I Rank in B. Sc (Agriculture) University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwar-Karnataka-CGPA 3.99 out of 4.00. Awarded 3 Gold Medals.
4. Awarded Best Crop Production award in Agronomy.
5. Awarded best out going student award of campus in B.Sc (Agrl), 1987.
6. I Rank in M.Sc.(Agriculture)-Plant Breeding and Genetics-UAS-Dharwad CGPA 4.00 out of 4.00. Awarded 3 Gold Medals.
7. Ph.D in Genetics from IARI-New Delhi(CGPA:3.94 out of 4.00).
8. Research papers published: 3
9. 4th position in inter se seniority list of IFS officers of 1992 Batch at All India Level.
10. Given Best shot in pistol award in the capsule weapon training course for IFS Officers of 1992, 93, 94 batches conducted by Indian Military Academy,Dehradun.
11. Prepared Management Plan for Kathua Forest Division (300 pages); Appreciated by Honble Chief Justice of J&K High Court in a PIL related to the case of Charcoal Bhatties in Jammu province. (2005-06)
12. Realized approximately , 20 corers values additional Revenue by sale of timber in the Sales Circle Jammu of J&K State Forest Corporation during 2003-2004 in comparison with preceding year.
13. Generated approximately Rs. One Corers more Revenue in Rajouri Forest Division as DFO- Rajouri Forest Division during the financial year 2002-2003 as compared to preceding year.
14. Contributed a chapter in the book titled Sustainable Agriculture in Himalayan Ecosystem edited by Dr. Netra Singh.
15. Attended more than five one week duration, compulsory training courses in Forestry, Wild Life, Joint Forest Management and related topics.
16. Prepared/participated in the preparation of National Afforestation Project (for Rajouri Forest Division), Participatory Watershed Management Project (World Bank Aided), Soil and Water conservation Projects etc in Forest Department.
17. Represented the J&K Forest Department at the National Athletics Meet for Forest Officers held at Bangalore during 1998 in the event Shot Put.
18. Contributed in formulation of (a) first Forest Policy for J&K State(2011),(b) New J&K State Wood Based(Saw mills, Veneer and Plywood) Industries, Rules,2011 (c) Notification of Tatakuli Wildlife Sanctuary in Poonch(d) Determination/ acquisition of rights in Sanctuaries and National parks of J&K State etc during the posting as Special Secretary (Technical) in Forest Department.